Hi everyone

I'm working on support for Opensearch v2.x for Flink connector
Opensearch[1].
Unfortunately after several breaking changes (e.g. [2], [3]) on Opensearch
side it is not possible
anymore to use the same connector built for both Opensearch v1 and v2.
This makes us to go in a similar way as for Elasticsearch 6/7 and build a
dedicated Opensearch v2 module.

However the main pain point here is that Opensearch 2.x is built with jdk11
and requires jdk11 to build and use Flink connector as well.
Also in README[4] of most of the connectors it is mentioned explicitly that
jdk11 is required to build connectors.

At the same time it looks like we need to release a connector for
Opensearch v1 with jdk8 and for Opensearch v2 with jdk11.

The suggestion is to drop support of jdk8 for the Opensearch connector to
make the release/testing for both modules (for Opensearch v1 and Openseach
v2) easier.

Other opinions are welcome

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink-connector-opensearch/pull/38
[2] opensearch-project/OpenSearch#9082