Hi Alexey,

Overall, the FLIP looks good and makes sense to me.

1. For the testing, I'd call the tests "execution" tests rather than
"restore" tests.  For streaming execution, restore tests have the compiled
plan and intermediate state; the tests verify that those can work together
and continue processing.

For batch execution, I think we just want that all existing compiled plans
can be executed in future versions.

2. The FLIP implicitly suggests "completeness tests" (to use FLIP-190's
words).  Do we need "change detection tests"?  I'm a little unsure if that
is presently happening in an automatic way for streaming operators.

In RestoreTestBase, generateTestSetupFiles is disabled and has to be run
manually when tests are being written.

Cheers,

Jim