Congrats, Rui!

Best,
Zhanghao Chen
________________________________
From: Piotr Nowojski <pnowoj...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2024 18:01
To: dev <dev@flink.apache.org>; rui fan <1996fan...@gmail.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Member - Fan Rui

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the PMC, I'm very happy to announce another new Apache Flink
PMC Member - Fan Rui.

Rui has been active in the community since August 2019. During this time he
has contributed a lot of new features. Among others:
  - Decoupling Autoscaler from Kubernetes Operator, and supporting
Standalone Autoscaler
  - Improvements to checkpointing, flamegraphs, restart strategies,
watermark alignment, network shuffles
  - Optimizing the memory and CPU usage of large operators, greatly
reducing the risk and probability of TaskManager OOM

He reviewed a significant amount of PRs and has been active both on the
mailing lists and in Jira helping to both maintain and grow Apache Flink's
community. He is also our current Flink 1.20 release manager.

In the last 12 months, Rui has been the most active contributor in the
Flink Kubernetes Operator project, while being the 2nd most active Flink
contributor at the same time.

Please join me in welcoming and congratulating Fan Rui!

Best,
Piotrek (on behalf of the Flink PMC)