Hi Ufuk,

thanks for your feedback, it seems we are in sync about all major points.

@everyone:
I expanded the FLIP with a short LTS policy description that we will later
add to the docs:

*Long-Term Support (LTS) Policy:*
Since major versions typically introduce breaking changes, the final minor
release of each major version line is designated as a Long-Term Support
(LTS) version. Supported for a fixed period of two years with only bug
fixes and security updates, these LTS versions provide a stable and
predictable timeframe for preparing and transitioning to the next major
Apache Flink release.

Please let me know if you think it misses something. I will start a voting
thread shortly.

Best,
Alex