Hi 2.0 release managers,
With the 1.20 release branch being cut [1], master is now referring to
2.0-SNAPSHOT. I remember that, initially, the community had the idea of
keeping the 2.0 release as small as possible focusing on API changes [2].

What does this mean for new features? I guess blocking them until 2.0 is
released is not a good option. Shall we treat new features as
"nice-to-have" items as documented in the 2.0 release overview [3] and
merge them to master like it was done for minor releases in the past? Do
you want to add a separate section in the 2.0 release overview [3] to list
these new features (e.g. FLIP-461 [4]) separately? That might help to
manage planned 2.0 deprecations/API removal and new features separately. Or
do you have a different process in mind?

Apologies if this was already discussed somewhere. I didn't manage to find
anything related to this topic.

Best,
Matthias

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/mwnfd7o10xo6ynx0n640pw9v2opbkm8l