For the changelog, I would suggest to start with the next version, report
changes from the first Apache version on.

Concerning the NOTICE file, I tried to follow that guide. As far as as I
understood it, we need to have the notices of all dependencies that we
ship. I took a look at what some of the other Apache and Apache Licensed
projects did (Netty, Spark, Derby) and tried to follow that style.

   1.

   For any dependency whose bits are bundled
   <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled>,
   consider whether LICENSE and NOTICE need to be modified. (DO NOT modify
   LICENSE or NOTICE for dependencies whose bits are not bundled.)