Hey Daniel,

I am sure that Till didn't try to set up the vote towards his desired
outcome. Actually it should conform to the Apache Voting Process.

Quoting from http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html:

"Expressing Votes: +1, 0, -1, and Fractions

The voting process in Apache may seem more than a little weird if you've
never encountered it before. Votes are represented as numbers between -1
and +1, with '-1' meaning 'no' and '+1' meaning 'yes.'

[...]

+0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.'
-0: 'I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.'

[...]

Vetos

A code-modification proposal may be stopped dead in its tracks by a -1 vote
by a qualified voter. This constitutes a veto, and it cannot be overruled
nor overridden by anyone. Vetos stand until and unless withdrawn by their
casters.

To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they must be accompanied by
a technical justification showing why the change is bad (opens a security
exposure, negatively affects performance, etc. ). A veto without a
justification is invalid and has no weight."

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether "upfront" votes are usual. If
this was a code modification (PR or commit), the way that this is setup
should definitely be OK. Maybe a mentor can help with this?