Hi Wilson!

You can start by mocking an outer join operator using a special CoGroup
function. If one of the two sides for a group is empty, you have the case
where you need to append null values. Otherwise, you build the Cartesian
produce within the group.

For a proper through-the-stack implementation (not sure if that is needed,
but may be nice to have), have a look here:

http://flink.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.7-incubating/internal_add_operator.html

Greetings,
Stephan