Yep, the names are a bit misleading now that so much has been generalized, but
whatever we do, breaking backwards compat isn't an option. Shipping a sink
without tests doesn't seem compelling to me either.

Taste in names aside, as far as I can see you could use this sink for ES today
without any issues.

Wolfgang.