Roshan,

The Avro Source does make it configurable -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/AvroSource.java;h=59ee43a8e1b758ca3d98ba572a885ee2f01b7bed;hb=HEAD#l185

But the HTTPSource disables it completely (it is not a configurable option).

Should we remove the option from the Avro Source (or add these two to the list
of excluded protocols?). I believe it is best to not allow the protocols to be
used at all, so it must be included anyway - any additional ones should just be
added to these. I think we can add the configurable option for HTTP Source in a
later release.

Thanks,
Hari