I was just playing around so piggy-backed it. The changes have to be
within MonitoredCounterGroup and its sub-classes, as its used across
the implementations. Let me raise a JIRA for this.

One thing that I would like to have in future is to allow
Sinks/Channels/Sources to be able to have custom counters/Meters and
be available to have those Metrics available via the framework. I
think CounterGroup was created for the same purpose.

Let me create a JIRA for this and work on it.

thanks
ashish