Dear Flume community,

I have had the opportunity to serve as the Flume PMC Chair for the last
year and some months, and for personal reasons have decided to step down at
this time.

I am very happy to announce that based on the PMC's recommendation, the
Apache Foundation board has appointed Ferenc Szabó to be the new PMC Chair
of the Apache Flume project. Ferenc has made significant contributions to
the project and is one of the most active contributors to the project. I am
confident that Ferenc will do everything possible to continue growing the
project and driving it forward.

Please join me in congratulating Ferenc on his appointment and welcoming
him to this role.

Regards,
Mike