I’m afraid I just don’t grasp the idea of using something SQL-like to configure
Flume.
It might be helpful to show a configuration using the current properties syntax
vs how
it would be done with flinksql.

I am also curious if this is something you have already gotten working. When I
was
working on implementing support for JSON and YAML I found the only sensible
think
I could really do was to convert those into a properties configuration since
the existing
configuration access is used in many places.

Any alternate configuration format must ensure that existing configurations
still work.

Ralph