I would like to see the data on the usage. I’m not sure how you would know
since Cloudera doesn’t seem to include Flume in its products any more from what
I can tell.

The kite-morphines project consists of 18 sub-modules plug 4 aggregation
modules. That is a heck of a lot of stuff to try to drag in. I would prefer to
fork the parts of kite we would need to a new flume-kite repo.

It seems that the CVE the reporter mentioned does have a fix. It is available
in parquet-avro 1.11.2 and 1.12.2.  I was able to swap the new version for the
old one even though the groupId has changed. That said, the kite-sdk dependency
that includes it is marked as optional, so parquet-avro would be optional as
well. So I have no idea if it is even used.

In any case, the unit tests all pass with the updated dependency.

Ralph