Hi Ralph,
About 2 years ago, I was implementing the code for 6.x and early version 7.
It was working on my side, but due to incompatibilities with the no longer
maintained SOLR version, it was never merged.
The project, I was using Flume Elastic for, moved away from producing avro and
I can interact now directly with Elastic without making use of Flume.
So I stopped all development and not sure, if my changes would still compile
with newer elastic versions.
Regards,
Helmut

On 2022/01/31 07:50:13 Ralph Goers wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-3103 mentions issues with the
> ElasticsearchSink.
> This component uses version 0.90.0 which was released in April 2013. It is so
> old that it doesn't
> appear on the EOL schedule at https://www.elastic.co/support/eol. I think it
> is safe to say this
> version went EOL at least 6 years ago.
>
> I'd upgrade it but I am fearful of a few things:
> 1. Can anyone possibly be using this component as is?
> 2. Elastic changed the license in version 7. That creates problems using the
> "normal"
> elasticsearch project.
>
> Elastic has created a brand new Java client -
> https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch-java -
> but essentially implementing this would be like a brand new sink anyway since
> nothing is
> compatible with 0.90.0 anymore.
>
> Given how old this is would it make more sense just to remove it from the
> release? I do not
> want to spend weeks upgrading that and at this point I'm the only one
> committing.
>
> With so many version jumps my expectation is that the existing code is not
> going to upgrade
> very well. So before I spend any time on this I'd like some feedback.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Ralph

Internal Use - Confidential

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Netwitness
may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended only
for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or
its attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently
delete the e-mail and any attachments.