> On Mar 8, 2022, at 11:44 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 8, 2022, at 8:55 AM, Sean Busbey <sbus...@apple.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> - suggest all changes as PRs
>
> Generally, I am OK with that. As there have been no commits and no other
> participants I didn’t see the point of doing PRs for all the work I have done
> so far for 1.10.0 as they would still be awaiting approval. In fact, I sent
> an email to the Flume private list in November informing them I was moving to
> CTR for this work due to the lack of activity in the project. I got approval
> for that from a couple of the active PMC members. However, I am happy to
> create PRs so you can review what I do before it gets committed from here.

I see. I only meant as a way to get contributions as compared to Jira
attachments. A move to CTR is significant though, I’ll make a note of it while
consolidating the contribution guide. Should I describe the plan as we would
stay CTR indefinitely? Or is this e.g. a short term way to get the 1.10 release
out the door?

I like self-merged PRs as a foothold for new contributors to get involved in
reviews (as you noted). Over in Apache Yetus we use “Lazy Consensus” on PRs.
Essentially, a PR is merged at the sooner of a +1 (from any contributor) or 3
days elapsing since posting. I don’t mean to presume it would help Flume, but
it has worked really well for Yetus at balancing out when the small pool of
regulars has overlapping contribution time.