Ross Gardler wrote:

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Ross Gardler wrote:

David Crossley wrote:

Ross Gardler wrote:

I almost have the plugin build file automatically creating plugins from Cocoon blocks, but I have hit a problem that I could do with some input on and since I am going to bed now I'm hoping someone will know the answer and save me some research when I start at this again.

What I need to do is tell cocoon to run with an xconf file that is not in the main/webapp/WEB-INF directory. This is because the xconf needs to be dynamically created to allow plugins that require entries in the xconf file (currently the file is created in project-tmp.

I note that the "site" target uses main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf, which in turn references main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf. The "run" target does not specify a config file since it picks it up from the webapp.

Projects can use their own cli.xconf file, if that helps.

Oh, OK, but that would work only for "forrest site" wouldn't it? (I'll look into it)

Any ideas for "forrest run"? I'm just not sure how to make the webapp look somewhere other than main/webapp/WEB-INF for cocoon.xconf (I suppose I should really be asking on the cocoon list).

The location of cocoon.xconf can be configured in web.xml. HTH

But web.xml is itself in a fixed location too (i.e. main/webapp/WEB-INF. What I am trying to do is find a solution that will not break the copyless behaviour.

:-(

Sylvain added an include feature for cocoon.xconf some weeks ago. There you could point to whereever you want:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

--
Reinhard