Thorsten Scherler wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:34 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:

I'm guessing you mean something like:

<map:generate src="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv"/>

If so, my original reply was spot on: Do you mean where do we define *new* global variables that can be set in forrest.properties?

You now need to set the value you want in forrest.properties:

project.conf-dir=${project.content-dir}/conf

Everything else happens automatically.

hmm, I actually thought so, but no.

I did it like this from the beginning and because it was not working
like this I asked about defining new variables.

If this isn't what you are trying to do then it really would help my fuzzy early morning brain if you provided a code snippet of what you want to do - I wouldn't have to think before my morning brew ;-) (my head hurts this morning - sorry)

<map:when test="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv">
          <map:generate src="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv"/>
        </map:when>

Hmmm, so my guesses about what you were doing were right. I'm not sure why this isn't working - it should. We are clearly missing something (maybe someone will jump in here).

Just a shot in the dark. Have you tried building forrest. I don't see that this will make any difference, but then I don't understand the magic about how stuff gets from cocoon.xconf into the sitemap. It can't do any harm.

What happens when you have the above pipeline instead of your hack. You should get an error message in the logs that will indicate what value is being assgned to {project:conf-dir} (or not as the case may be).

Ross