Ross Gardler wrote:
> I'm no expert when it comes to catalogs and it's late so I am not going
> to try and fix this now. Perhaps someone can point me at the right docs
> somewhere on the web to tell me how to do this when I return to it
> tomorrow afternoon (GMT).
>
> My question is simple how do I extend the catalog files used by forrest
> with catalog files that are supplied with plugins?
>
> I can do this by building the catalog file on each run in the same way
> that we build the plugin xmap files, however, is there a way to do it by
> telling the catalog to import all catalog files in a directory tree?

I started work on this a few days ago. Following the
technique for insertion of the plugins *.xmap files,
it generates a catalog with nextCatalog entries to
include any available catalogs from the plugins.

That was the easy part. Getting the entity resolver
to load this catalog is the hard part. At the moment
the only way that i have been able to do it is to
have the project's classes/CatalogManager.properties
point to the special catalog that we built in
$project.home/build/tmp/catalog.xcat
They will need to tweak the CatalogManager.properties
if their $project.build-dir is different.

What worries me is that this technique might not work
when using a built myproject.war archive as a webapp.
Haven't tried yet.

--David