On 6/7/05, Nicola Ken Barozzi (JIRA) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     [
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-173?page=comments#action_12312935 ]
>
> Nicola Ken Barozzi commented on FOR-173:
>
> Actually this is not really what I meant with this particular bug.
>
> I mean, imagine that we have a file called
>
>   myfile.xml
>
> and in site.xml we have
>
>  <myfile label="My File" href="myfile.xml"/>
>
> If I rename it to
>
>  mynewfile.xml
>
> I can change site.xml to contain:
>
>  <myfile label="My File" href="mynewfile.xml"/>
>
> and this will keep all the links to site:myfile still working.
>
> Too bad that the actual URL has changed, so direct links to myfile.html will
> fail.
> What I would like is that the system redirects to mynewfile.html
> automatically.

I may still not understand what you want but what you just described
does seem possible with locationmaps.  If I understand your desired
correctly, below would be the locationmap.xml addition.  and the URL
would *not* change to the original myfile.html.  So for any url one
moves, an entry needs to go into locationmap.xml.

<match pattern="**myfile.xml">
        <location src="{project:content.xdocs}mynewfile.xml"/>
</match>

> To do this one would have to cache the old site.xml, compare it, and put
> redirects to the elements that have changed href.

If it's automating this process that you're getting desire, then I
apologize -- that's beyond my current level of understanding.
--tim