Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
The string $(env.LANG} works well inside main/forrest.build.xml. It was
the default before you made changes to the trunk. But the same string is
ignored when you use it inside webapp/sitemap.xmap (skin labels are
looked up in the English dictionary, even if LANG=es_ES).

are you talking about tabs and menus or are you talking about "Last Published:"

I don't believe what you did is right, sorry if I misunderstand :|
You replaced my 'project.language' with 'user.language' but you are not
defining 'user.language' in forrest.build.xml. So it does nothing when I
use it in my site's 'forrest.properties'.

is using the default language for the JVM. In the case of the windows machines, that will work much better. This change only affect the creation of a directory base on the language..

This way you can run "export LANG=en" "forrest site" "export LANG=es" "forrest site"

so diferent languages goes to diferent directories.

So, let me rephrase my understanding of this issue so far. Before you
made changes to trunk this was the behaviour:

1. Forrest seed; forrest would generate the static site in English,
regardless of your LANG env.

sure. There is not implementation to seed a project with examples in spanish..

2. Setting project.i18n=true in forrest.properties and running forrest
again would generate your site in build/site/xx, where xx is determined
by the LANG env. BUT, the generated static site is still all in English;
no look up into the language-specific catalogues ever takes place.

I can not reproduce this. "Forrest site" works for me.

My goal for a static site is to be able to issue the command

$ LANG=es_ES forrest

have you try to issue "export LANG=es" ??????? I think that I told you before.

cheers,
cheche