Ross Gardler wrote:

I would prefer to see us test on 1.4.0 but since I'm not doing the release process I'm happy with 1.4.1 if it makes your lives easier (it actually makes mine harder as I don't have 1.4.1, I have 1.4.0 and 1.4.2, but not 1.4.1).

I think that this is trivial. When I had been compiled cocoon for forrest I have been using the minimum major (1.4 for 2.2-dev) and the higher patched version (today would be: 1.4.2_08)

But I am happy to whatever the person who does the job choose.

If there is a company with millions of dollars that can not afford to upgrade their system from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2_08 then they have one choice:

As they have all the source: compile it themselves.

If that fails they can report a bug and we will follow this discussion then :-)

WDYT?