I haven't had time to dig into this in detail, but I hope someone
familiar with plugins will help me fill in the missing pieces.

I tried to build some site with the new 0.7rc1, which contains
simplified docbook documents.  The site built successfully, but the
pages were empty (shouldn't this fail?).

Anyway, I added the simplified-docbook plugin to forrest.properties,
and ran "forrest init-plugins", which failed with:

check-plugin:
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplified-docbook is not available in the
build dir
ERROR
=====

Unable to retrieve the org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplified plugin.
There may be more information about the reason for this in output

My current guess is that the name "simplified-docbook" collides with
the versioned plugins naming, so that "docbook" is interpreted as a
version number, and there is no plugin "simplified."

Ron