On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 13:54 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I'm really sorry to ask the question but I cannot retrieve the
> answer in the archive.
>     How can I change the language of the static site using i18n ?
>     I tried to set -Duser.language=fr in the ant call, and it's Ok for
> the folder structure : site/fr/...
>     But my labels are still in English (ie: Search button is called
> "Search"...)

In previous e-mails J.P. Pablos indicated that i18n worked for him but
it has never worked for me unless I do a couple of local changes (using
0.7, not the SVN version).

1. Set project.i18n=true in forrest.properties (in you site).

2. This is the ugly part. In apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
change the following:

  <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>

into

  <map:parameter name="locale" value="fr_FR"/>

3. Run forrest to generate your French website.

You should get the French labels now. Setting the LANG environment
variable or using the -Duser.language flag don't work for me.

Hope it helps,

--
Pedro