Gav.... wrote:

> if
> | > it is
> | > |

> | > I will look into it, I somehow feel this is a quick-fix and not the
> proper
> | > solution. If I do not find the proper solution soon I will implement
> this
> | > fix as an interim and see what you think.
> |
> | This is definitely the best way to go at this stage.
> | Yep, i reckon do the workaround above, then get on to
> | something else. This excursion to understand i18n has
> | given you a little more grasp of how to work with
> | Forrest internals.
>
> Well, I'm working on this and need a bit of help to complete it.
>
> I am using <xsl:when> block and then an <xsl:otherwise> in the pelt
> site2xtml.xsl but the
> when statement is causing me problems.
>
> How do I check for project.i18n=true (from forrest.properties created by
> forrest seed) from this when statement.

See my separate message today about
"passing parameters from sitemaps to stylesheets".

While this could solve the issue, you are right that
this feels like a quick fix.

Another approach would be to add another transformer at
the very end of the processing for html output, whose
job is to remove the unnecessary <text> wrappers which
are left over from not having done i18n processing.

That would be an "otherwise" clause at
main/webapp/sitemap.xmap line 242

Yet another approach would be to have i18n happening
all the time. But that topic is too big for the moment.
Lets get one of these workarounds happening first.

-David