David Crossley wrote:
I am going to use this example to help explain some
of the problems with line-endings.

Ross, svn log shows that you added the initial
MANIFEST.MF file.

It already had mixed line endings. (By the way,
that makes me wonder about the origin of the code.)

In Eclipse there are wizards that generate many files for you, this one, a plugin configuration file is such a file. The output of these wizards is *not* CPL licensed, in fact it is license free.

This is the same issue we have with people using "forrest seed" to seed a site and then finding that their config files are Apache Licensed. In the past we agreed this should not be the case, but that we have no easy way out of it since the file in SVN must be licensed. Eclipse strip the license header when the wizard generates the file.

(snipped the rest of the useful stuff, I agree with everything you say)

Ross