On 8/28/05, Thorsten Scherler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Before I go to sleep.
>
> One thing is handy if you use an IDE like Eclipse and want to debug
> java:
> # Any other arguments to pass to the JVM. For example, to run on an
> X-less
> # server, set to -Djava.awt.headless=true
> forrest.jvmargs=-Xdebug
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,susp end=n
>
> That starts your project in debugging mode with Port 8000. The default
> debug port from e.g. Eclipse. Then you can set breakpoints to debug.
> That is pretty sweet. ;-)
>
> Good night.
>
> salu2

> > > Out of quick curiousity, have you taken the 'act' out of this and seen
> > > if the "exists" selector will work against the "location"'s alone?
> >
> > Yes, i did this but no success. Then I reduced till:
> > <locationmap xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/locationmap/1.0";>
> >   <components>
> >     <matchers default="lm">
> >       <matcher name="lm"
> >
> > src="org.apache.forrest.locationmap.WildcardLocationMapHintMatcher"/>
> >     </matchers>
> >     <selectors default="exists">
> >           <selector name="exists"
> >             src="org.apache.forrest.sourceexists.SourceExistsSelector" />
> >         </selectors>
> >   </components>
> >   <locator>
> >     <match pattern="views/**">
> >       <select type="exists">
> >         <location
> >
> > src="{defaults:view-themes}/{defaults:theme}{defaults:theme-ext}" />
> >       </select>
> >     </match>
> >   </locator>
> > </locationmap>
> >
> > and it worked. That made me think about my changes. I switched the order
> > how I defined in the lm. From:
> > -actions
> > -selectors
> > to:
> > -selectors
> > -actions
> >
> > But I got the old error. I think it is in the ActNode.java that I just
> > checked in.
> >
> > > That might allow us to narrow it down.  I'm going to have to read up
> > > on actions as I think they're subtley different than other sitemap
> > > components.
> > >

> > It seems to me that the ActNode is overriding the .m_manager instead of
> > extending it. Another thing could be the LocationMap.
> >
> > The action is working like I described in the other thread. They send
> > back a map or null.
> >
> > If an action returns null then the inner children will be ignored (not
> > executed). If they return a Map the values of the map can be directly
> > accessed in the sitemap by {key}.
> >
> > Have a quick look into the RecursiveDirectoryTraversalAction then you
> > know how action work. You will understand directly.
> >
> > > I've admitted before but perhaps not to you -- I'm not a 'Cocooner' so
> > > it takes me some time to study up on each aspect of cocoon-related
> [...]

I've got a little time this morning and hopefully more time this
evening but not much in between.  Can you describe the environment I
need to begin testing this?  Here's what I've done:
Created a seed-sample.
Built and "local-deployed" all three view-plugins
Enabled views on my seeded sample
Overwrote the seeded locationmap with yours
Now, what is it that I would actually put in a directory to test this?
 An .fv file named the same as another xml file minus extension?
Thanks,
--tim