Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> >
> >>In order to save network traffic and history, I move our jars on the
> >>lib/core instead of removing and adding a new version.
> >
> >It would be better to do the 'svn remove; svn add'.
> >Why do we need history on these?
>
> When I do an upgrade, not all the jars have change, just some of then,
> so more than history is network/storage improbe..

Okay, gotcha, now i see. I was assuming that all of
the jars would be different each time. So some of them
are not being further developed at Cocoon. Yes, an
unneccessary update.

> >Also the naming
> >convention means that users don't need to wade through
> >our SVN logs to find out which version.
>
> but that has a price in network/storage.

We could put a README-cocoon.txt in that directory
to point users to 'svn log' or to viewCVS.

> Deep inside I feel that this is wrong and we/I should look for a solution.
> So never mind... I will try to get a script to do this...

No, i just needed to understand what the issue
was. You didn't explain that part to start with.

Okay, lets try to do something different.
Put an item in etc/cocoon_upgrade/README.txt
to encourage committers to give a good commit message.

-David