Hi:

I run forrest and cocoon on FC4 since june 2005. I don't have any error. Please see:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Installing

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Mark Eggers wrote:

I just tried this on Fedora Core 4.  I get exactly the
same error.

I had two ideas when you mentioned a potential issue
with the classpath.  The first idea was that since Sun
insists on putting Java in "Program Files" for
Windows, the space was somehow creating problems.

The second idea is that I have my own installation of
ant (with ANT_HOME set and ANT_HOME/bin in my path).

Here are the steps I took to reproduce this on Fedora
Core 4.

Environment
===========
Fedora Core 4 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4
java 1.5.0_04-b05 in /usr/java linked from
/usr/jdk1.5.0_04
no CLASSPATH
export FORREST_HOME=/home/mdeggers/src/forrest
export PATH=$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

Case 1
======
1. svn update -r 290585
2. cd $FORREST_HOME/main
3. ./build.sh clean
4. ./build.sh
5. cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins
6. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
7. cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins
8. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
9. cd ~mdeggers/src/sites-src/
10. mkdir new-site
11. cd new-site
12. forrest seed
13. forrest

I then unset ANT_HOME and removed ANT_HOME/bin from my
path.  I removed ~mdeggers/src/sites-src/new-site and
did the following:

Case 2
======
1. cd $FORREST_HOME/main
2. ./build.sh clean
3. ./build.sh
4. cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins
5. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
6. cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins
7. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
8. cd ~mdeggers/src/sites-src/
9. mkdir new-site
10. cd new-site
11. forrest seed
12. forrest

The same build error occured.

I thought there might also be some issues with Java 5.
I then tried switching to the following java version:

java 1.4.2_08-b03 from /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_08

I removed the 1.5 version from my PATH, added the
1.4.2 bin directory to my PATH, and set JAVA_HOME
appropriately.

I then did the following:

Case 3
======
1. cd $FORREST_HOME/main
2. ./build.sh clean
3. ./build.sh
4. cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins
5. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
6. cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins
7. ./build-all.sh (shell script for building all
plugins)
8. cd ~mdeggers/src/sites-src/
9. mkdir new-site
10. cd new-site
11. forrest seed
12. forrest

Same error.  This was with ANT_HOME still unset and
$ANT_HOME/bin removed from my PATH.

I have seen EOL (DOS vs. UNIX) problems cause similar
issues in make files, but never in a Java environment.

Thoughts on what I might be doing wrong (or different)
would be greatly appreciated.

/mde/

--- Juan Jose Pablos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark Eggers wrote:
This is on Windows/2000 Professional.  I've not
tried
it on Fedora Core 4 yet.
It looks a problem with classpath on your system.
our forrestbot builds fine.

Cheers,
cheche