PÔVODNÁ SPRÁVA
Od: "Ross Gardler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Pre: dev@forrest.apache.org
Predmet: Re: voice plugin
Dátum/Čas: 21. 9. 2005 20:05:38

> >>:-)) correct (almost) - you are getting the hang of it.
> >>
> >>It's actually a little simpler, one cantract can add content to both
> >>header and body. But we'll come to the body stuff later. Lets just focus
> >>on the head stuff for now.
> >>

> > But I thought that might be better for me to add some vidual feedback while
> > reading body.
> > If I understood, views works only for XHTML output.
>
> No, that is not the case. It's just that XHTML is the only output format
> that uses views so far.
>
> > So if I request .mxml file views aren't used? But maybe I'm wrong...
>
> No, that is only the case as you currently have it implemented. By
> creating the contracts to put the voiceml stuff in head you make it
> available to any request that uses views. So it will be available in a
> normal *.html request. Thus when someone views the page with a voice
> ennabled browser they can listen to the rendering or read it.
>

> > When I request .mxml site, I got same results as I had without views.
>
> YEs, but if you create the contract and request an *.html page you get
> the XHTML output and the mxml output. This is what we are currently
> working towards in order give you a practical understandnig of views.
> After that we can go on to other things like...
>
> > So how to tell forrest that I want to use some view if I request .mxml file?
>
> Let me ask a few questions so I fully understand your use case:
>
> Is there a reason why a client may requet this file rather than a *.html
> one?

I don't know... it's that of course you should use content-type as
indentification that content will be X+V, but extension can tell it earlier.

> Do you want to have the same content in the mxml version or would it be
> different content (or styling)?
>
> Why *.mxml what does it mean and who has defined that extension?

As I know it stands for multimodal xml and I think that IBM defined this... But
I'm not sure.

> Can you give some links to examples of the kind of output you would like
> to create (i.e. sites with voice and visual rendering)?

I've searched for sites but I didn't find any :( But I have examples of mxml
files that do really cool stuff. I can send you example...