Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley (JIRA) wrote:
> >    [
> >
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-675?page=comments#action_12332323
> > ]
> >
> >David Crossley commented on FOR-675:
> >------------------------------------
> >
> >There is a simple way to avoid these issues.
> >
> >Remove the xmlns attribute from every site.xml and make the following
> >change. The linkrewriter can then be used with the updated JXPath library.
>
> Is this is a robust workaround? I'm not intimate enough with the
> navigation generation to be able to predict the potential side effects
> of this.

I don't know either, but everything seems to be working.

Haven't tried the views dispatcher yet.

It is a drastic change, but this issue is too.

One thing that it would affect is the future ability to have
a new version of the namespace. I reckon that we should
sacrifice that to get past this bug.

> (by the way, thank you David for keeping at this issue, I've been hiding
> from it ;-)

Thanks, i have been spending a huge amount of time on it.
I have been deep in Cocoon input modules and JXPath,
but i am not getting far. It needs someone with better
Java/XML/Namespace/Cocoon foo.

I see this as a crucial issue. We now have various
whiteboard plugins with fixme comments about JXPath
and disabled linkrewriter sitemaps and duplicated
documentation trying to explain all that. And it is
preventing me working on real issues.

-David