Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
(moving this from the user@ list here)

On 5/17/06, Ross Gardler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...I've been wanting to improve the i18n support for some time. By using
the locationmap it should be possible to simulate the "Apache httpd
magic" in a static environment. But it would requrie a little work.

Join us on the dev list if you want to explore this...

Ok, here I am - if you can give me some pointers as to what's needed
to make the following use-case work, I'll have a look.

My use-case:
1. Client request with an URL like /de/path/file.html

2. "de" becomes the current locale for this request, overrides other
Local settings

3. Content is selected using the LocaleMatcher, i.e. file.de.xml if
possible, else file.en.xml if en is the default locale, else file.xml
(ideally with warnings if the document is not available in the desired
language)

4. Links, tabs and menus are generated (from a single set of
definitions, common to all languages) with "de" as the first path
component, to stay in the same locale.

I've been able to get 1, 2 and 3 to work for simple cases (via a
project-specific sitemap), but I'm wondering about the best way to
implement 4.

I guess, since David has you up and running with this use case we will put the improvement if i18n handling on hold. Current solution works for you and I am limited on time right now.

Of course, if you hit limitations and want to look at alternatives we can do so. Until then, happy i18n.

Ross