For svn this would would be a 'svn mv' command I think to rename it so no
Patch needed just an issue to note to do it.

> 2) There should probably be a default/fallback ContractsMessages.xml
> file, which should really be the file above (ie the English one, if
> one wants to have English as the fallback language, which I expect
> one does). Not having one will at least cause some noise in the log
> files, and might also generate errors

Ok, so exactly the same file, no changes apart from the file name ?

No sure how others do it, but I would just copy the file, give it the
New name and then add it to our svn with 'svn add filename.xml' and then
Commit it. So, again no patch needed.

> 3) when doing a forrest seed, the translation files in whiteboard/
> plugins/o.a.f.plugin.internal.dispatcher/messages/ should be included
> in the src/documentation/translations/ directory, with a proper note
> on them being useful only with the dispatcher. Without translation
> files in this location, the standard "messages" (Last published,
> Search, etc.) will not be translated.

So what is the best way to do this, do you mean just moving the files into
That location permanently and removing them from their current location, or
Doing some xslt magic to create them there from the originals at build time?

Have you tested these locally with your patches you made ?

I guess once the jira issues you created are applied then we'll be able to
Test these out also.

I'm going to download your patches and try them out anyway.

But I think a new Jira issue should be made to remember to do these, maybe
as a subtask as one of the others? Sub-tasks don't get used often enough
IMHO and think that maybe the three you just opened could have been all
sub-tasks of one jira issue. But this is a reflection on our current methods
as
A whole rather than how you created them - everyone else would have done the
Same I think. This is a good example of sub-tasking, each of those three
issues combined with the 3 new issues you identify above would not work
without the others also being completed.

Great work on all this i18n stuff !! :)

Gav...