David Crossley wrote:
Ross, please try again.

Done. For general info in case the same happens again:

My umask was not correctly set.

I did svn up on the website on the server, hence group assignments were incorrect as were write permissions.

David spotted the group permissions thing, which I sorted out with chgrp. Neither of us spotted the write permissions thing, until this mail from David.

So, rather than trying to get all permissions correct by hand I deleted the plugins directory.

Checked my umask was correctly set

did svn up

checked over the permissions and ownerships. They looked OK

Apologies to everyone for this mess, especially David who has been waiting all day for me to sort this out whilst I've been drinking in the easter sun.

Ross