Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I have some trouble using xi:include with head.
> When I last used it it 0.7 something like
>
> <xi:include href="indextest.xml"
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
>
> would include a document from the same directory that the
> including file is in.
>
> Now when I use this in head I get an error
>
> Resource not found: file:/C:/forrest/head/main/webapp/indextest.xml
>

> meaning the file is looked for in the forrest programm
> directory.

Perhaps the introduction of the locationmap.
That is the osbcure error message when the locationmap
cannot find something. It looks in the webapp context.

> Does anybody know why this was changed or how I can get my
> convenient relative addressing back?
> Or at least how to include the current directory w/o
> hardcoding it?

There was recent discussion about XInclude in our archives
(IIRC forrest user list). There was a suggestion to enable it
by default in our xdocs dtd. No-one followed through.

Also did you try using the "cocoon://" protocol.
There is past discussion about that too.

http://forrest.markmail.org/search/?q=xinclude+cocoon+protocol
http://forrest.markmail.org/search/?q=xinclude+dtd
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1032

That FOR-1032 came close, though there are some unresolved issues.

I agree with Ross' comments in earlier threads that we could
enable xinclude in the current 2.0 DTD.

I am going away soon for a week's holiday. If you
haven't got it sorted, i will try to help after that.

-David