Hi all,

I will have some time in the next week to enhance the performance of the
dispatcher. The performance always have been the Achilles’ heel of the
dispatcher.

Another week point was/is the readability of the code. The StAX
experiment I conducted a while ago is far easier to read. The missing
part is the integration with cocoon. This however can be done easily
with a transformerWrapper class that will call the StAX implementation
and execute the work with the StAX components.

Another thing that I always wanted to integrate are java based
contracts. I want to allow within the next version of the dispatcher
that one can use a class instead of a xsl.

Since future version of cocoon are based on Spring and I am really
appreciate Spring as an excellent IoC container the dispatcher will be
as well based it.

My plan is that this work will be compatible with the current version of
the dispatcher. It will provide simple shell scripts to update the
current version of structurer/contracts to the new form. I do not like
the specific extension we have for structurer (.fv)/contracts (.ft)
anymore since they are historic and do not reflect anymore the reality.
To remember ft stands for forrestTemplate and fv for forrestView which
is the first names of contracts and structurer.

Instead I suggest *.contracts.xml and *.structurer.xml.

My initial plan is to reuse the code from whiteboard/dispatcher, conduct
the needed changes to work with java contracts and add spring support.

Any thoughts.

salu2