Hi Gavin,

Sorry it took so long to answer.

Den 3. okt. 2008 kl. 08.56 skrev Gavin:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sjur Moshagen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 3 October 2008 3:22 PM
To: dev@forrest.apache.org
Subject: ODT template file (Was: Use of 3rd party template)

Den 26. sep. 2008 kl. 14.23 skrev Gavin:

I have an OSSWatch ODT file to be used as a template to use for our
OOo
output plugin. Can I get appropriate permissions to use the contents
of
this file ?

Where did you put this file? I'm not able to find it.

$ find . -name "*.odt"

only gives:

./whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt
./whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt/src/
documentation/content/xdocs/samples/opendocument-writer.odt

Hi Sjur,

The 'contents' of the template which was approved I have used are the
background image and styles which make up the final look and feel of the output odt file. So all this is in the odt output resources directories and
is brought in to use with the xdoc-to-odt.xsl.

Ok.

I hoped it would be possible to override the styles and template by
just adding a properly named odt template file in my project tree, but
this is not the way it works, no?

No, not currently, that would be nice to do and I can think of various ways
in which we can move forward along that goal.

:)

[...]
Like I say, happy to work with you on it as I know the current
implementation is restrictive, but I'm on an agenda. So if you can take the
lead on it I'll jump in where I can.

Sorry, it was a one-time use-case, which was more easily solved in other ways. Which means that I have no direct use for it anymore, and I'm short of time (as most people, admittedly). But your notes are important for future work, if somebody would like to pick up the thread.

Thanks for your effort in the thorough reply:)

Best regards,
Sjur