Daive, I agree that this is a good entry level issue. I wonder if we should have a page on the site that highlights these entry level issues with a big notice saying our devs are happy to help people understand the steps needed. I'd come out of the woodwork to help onlist, but I'm rarely engaged with Forrest as a code base anymore so I'm unlikely to create the page/address the issue directly.

If we add a tag to the description, or something like that, then we could create a standard search and automatically generate the page.

Ross

David Crossley (JIRA) wrote:
     [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1005?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

David Crossley updated FOR-1005:
--------------------------------

The attached file FOR-1005-sourcetype-plugins.txt is a list of all current plugins. In
column #1 is a symbol to indicate its status. So far i have just used 'find and grep' to
see if their sitemaps use "sourcetype". There are 49 plugins, of which 11 use
sourcetype.

Use sourcetypeaction for input plugins
--------------------------------------

                Key: FOR-1005
            Project: Forrest
         Issue Type: Improvement
         Components: Plugin: input.doap, Plugin: input.foaf, Plugin: input.skos
   Affects Versions: 0.9-dev
           Reporter: Ross Gardler
        Attachments: FOR-1005-sourcetype-plugins.txt

Wherever possible input plugins should use the sourcetypeaction to figure out
whether to process a file or not.
Too many plugins use a fixed url space for this, it is not maintainable.