On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 14:26 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after an extended rewrite of the dispatcher I am happy to say that my
> first tests are all passing now.
>
> The upgrade steps for custom dispatcher projects are straightforward:
> 1) Renaming extension of the contracts from *.ft to *.contracts.xml
> demonstrated with http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=701113
>
> 2) Renaming elements from view to structurer
> demonstrated with http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=701117
>
> 3) Renaming structurer file and adding new extension
> demonstrated with http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=701325
>
> 4) The path of the defaultVariables has changed a bit. Removing one
> level
> demonstrated with http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=703149
>
> 5) [optional] Renaming extensions for contracts and structurer in
> properties files.
> demonstrated with http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=701119
>
> Step 5 is optional since in the normal use case one is using the default
> configuration. However our fresh site sadly added the
> "dispatcher.theme-ext" property. Just do:
> -  <property name="dispatcher.theme-ext" value=".fv"/>
>

> On my todo list still are two open points:
> 1) Merge the cocoon-2.2 block dispatcher into the current plugin. This
> needs extending the normal build of plugins since cocoon 2.2 needs
> additional files in the resulting jar.

That has be done as well.

> 2) Small document of the new features and how we can use them.

This still needs more work.

> Since I have done the whole work in a branch I need to merge it ASAP. I
> suspect that the merge will not be fully conflict free since there has
> been some commits to the trunk of contracts that are not in the branch.

Since I did not merged the branches right away the recent work of Gavin
and David on the html/css validation compatibility is not incorporated
when I simply merge the branches. Bummer.

IMO the best is to repeat the above steps on a clean new branch for the
rewrite or even directly do it in trunk since the plugin should leave
the whiteboard as well.

WDYT?

salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)