Vicent Mas wrote:

> I've written a simple contract for adding a syndication (rss feed) link to my
> website. It is based on the content-xml-link contract. The contract adds a
> rss
> icon linked to the xml file where the syndicated content is defined. Its
> filename
> is rss.xml and it lives in the xdocs directory of my project (i.e.
> src/documentation/content/xdocs).
>
> All this works fine, but there is a small problem. When I generate the site
> by
> running forrest, the rss.xml is processed and its first line is transformed
> from

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!DOCTYPE rss PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD
> Documentation V1.3//EN" "document-v13.dtd">

I am making an educated guess here, but i wonder if by requesting
the *.xml in this case, that Forrest is interpreting your rss.xml
source as an xdoc source, and what you are receiving is the
internal xml format (which is document-v1.3). Because you have not
told it how to handle the rss, either by a SourceTypeAction
or a special sitemap match.

There is some handling of RSS in various plugins. I did a quick
 find . -name "*.xmap" | xargs grep -l ".rss" ...
"baetle" and "projectInfo" and "feeder" and "GoogleSitemap".

Investigating their sitemaps (*.xmap) might provide some clues.

> which makes the link useless when the website is browsed with IExplorer
> (although it still works with Firefox). Removing the doctype declaration
> fixes
> the problem).
>
> I suppose that the default sitemap is processing the rss.xml file and
> transforming it. Am I right? If so, could somebody tell me how can I avoid it?

Ah yes i think that you supposed correctly. See above.

-David

> TIA
>
> Vicent
>
> PS: I've been giving a look to the cocoon sitemaps documentation but that is
> not trivial so I decided to ask for help here.
> ::
  • sitemap help Vicent Mas
    • Re: sitemap help - RSS handling David Crossley