On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking at our issues for 0.9 and attempting to answer recent question
>> about dispatcher got me poking around a bit more and trying to learn
>> where we're at.  It's highlighted two questions:
>>
>> 1) Do we see dispatcher being in the 0.9 release or not (i.e. FOR-796)?
>>
>> 2) Where exactly is the dispatcher?  There is dispatcher in the
>> whiteboard/plugins and a branch that appears to still be somewhat
>> active after a long period of time.   If it is still an active branch,
>> whether it makes it out of the whiteboard for release or not, it needs
>> to be merged with trunk soon I think.
>
> Is the recent activity in the branch more than cleanup that may have
> been found by a script? That's what my cursory look made me think of.

I don't think so.  It looks to me like the branch was created over 13
months ago and has not yet merged back into trunk.  So, from what I
can tell, we have 3 different dispatcher related code-sets:

/branches/dispatcher_rewrite
/trunk/whiteboard/dispatcher
/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/*dispatcher

>From what I can tell, the latest code is still in the branch.  If this
is correct, beyond whether or not it goes into the 0.9 release, I
think it'd be "Really Good" if we merged it soon...  the most
immediate concern is deciding whether it makes it into the release or
not though...

--tim