> Subject: Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
>

> Den 20. mai. 2010 kl. 14.51 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
> > further can you open a terminal and tell me what the output of
> "locale" are?
>
> $ locale
> LANG="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_CTYPE="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL="no_NO.UTF-8"

Thanks to Sjur and Thorsten this got me to check the locale on the zone; the
LANG= setting was empty so not set.

We can't set the locale for the Zone because that setting is shared with other
zones (which will be cured when our
zone moves to jails.) , however, we can set it a user level.

I tested this by running manually:

$ export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$ /export/home/config/run-forrestbot.sh forrest-sample-2.xml notify trunk

I then checked the zone at

http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/forrest-sample-2/index.html

and yay, sure enough the ?? had all vanished to be replaced with proper
copyright and TM symbols etc.

This will disappear on the next forrestbot run however.

Because the forrestbot scripts are run under user crossley, David, could you
please add

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

to your .bash_profile, I believe that will then solve this permanently.

Thanks

Gav...