On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Sina K. Heshmati <s...@khakbaz.com> wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
>
>> I've got this working locally, but I use cache credentials (e.g.
>> keychain).  I'd personally not be comfortable putting my credentials
>> in clear text in a properties file.  That's the part
>> (deploy.svn.settings) that, I haven't worked.  So, I'll offer some
>> options up:
>>
>> 1) We can remove the credential business totally and assume that folks
>> work out their authentication on their own and I'll check in what I
>> have.
>>
>> 2) If someone else has an itch and really wants the credentials to be
>> there, I can either a) checkin what I have and they can go about
>> adding it in or b) we can create a JIRA ticket and I'll attach it to
>> that.
>>
>> Any thoughts/recommendations?
>
> Maybe something like:
>
> 1) If the deploy.svn.settings file exists, use it, if not
> 2) Prompt user for credentials. If user input is empty,
> 3) Rely on ~/.subversion i.e. auth-cache.

Thanks Sina, I wasn't clear.  It was really whether or not people see
it as significant enough to be missed.  I'm happy to give pointers on
how to get it done but I haven't the time or inclination to do the
various credential-cache-clearing maneuvers required to properly test
it.  The code is trivial, testing this particular thing fully is the
burden - I'd be happy to implement it if someone else were inclined to
test it:)  For now, I'll create a JIRA issue, check in what I have and
if someone wants to build on it, they can.

--tim