Yan Wu wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Currently, detecting the menu changes for all modules between two OOo version and merging the old menu items to the new version have been implemented. The pictures in the attachemnt(migratinguiconfig.odt) are captured from my machine when migrating the user config from 2 to 3.2.

Below are the main steps when doing this:
1)get the differences of the old/new version ui configuration before/after copying the menubar.xml via UI configuration API.

2)merge the old menu items to the new menu configuration, or remove some new items.

3)provide a dialog for users to choose which items to merge/remove.

Could you please find some time to apply the patch in the attachment and make some tests to see whether that is we are expecting for migrating user configuration? Any advice is appreciated.
Hi Yan,

Many thanks for you great work. I will try to find some time to look at your changes and check your implementation. Hopefully I can give you feedback tomorrow in our IRC meeting.

Regards,
Carsten