Niklas Nebel wrote:

> On 11/18/09 14:09, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Cor Nouws wrote:
>>> Pls have a look at issue 106854 as possible showstopper.
>>> Strange effects with document recovery.
>>
>> I never saw this happening.
>> Is it possible that the files are collaboratively edited ods file?
>> Let's see if we have a chance to reproduce it.
>
> I can reproduce it, if the open file was modified before the crash.
> After the restart, when loading the backup file then, the SfxMedium has
> a funny state with the URL of the original file and the content of the
> backup file.

That's not a funny state, that's quite correct. The source of an
SfxMedium and its current content (I assume you mean the Storage by
that) never needed to be the same. There are more situations than
recovery where this can happen, at least temporarily. Some of these
situations can be detected easily (e.g. if the Medium has no URL at
all), and I'm sure we can do that for recoved files also.

An implementation that assumes that e.g. the GetStorage() call of
SfxMedium returns something that represents the URL that the SfxMedium
is based on is wrong and was wrong always.

But of course the SfxMedium needs some more information to handle the
situation correctly. Regarding recovery in former versions there was a
special item telling the Medium that it was created in a recovery. It
seems that something was changed here and that change was incomplete.

> The second error is from Calc's single-sheet saving, which is also
> disturbed by that situation. If the medium is in fact supposed to be in
> that state, I need a way to detect that, so I can disable single-sheet
> saving.

Are you sure that single-sheet saving ever worked correctly for
recovered files? The recovery handling basically was implemented
comparable to how it is implemented now since many years, at least the
crucial point (difference between internal content and content stored at
the URL of the medium) always was there.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".