Hi Carsten,

Yes, you are right, the possibility of OleInitialize failure is very low.
There wasn't two thread calling DropTarget::initialize, and the calling
thread is not main thread, I just think DropTarget::initialize call should
return already.

But there are another possibility, the freeze main be caused by the main
thread, looks like some recursive calling going on. Could give some
suggestion about this.

BTW: this comes from a crash report.

Thanks

function name:     void __cdecl ImplSalYieldMutexAcquireWithWait(void)
function name:     long __cdecl ImplHandleSalObjKeyMsg(struct HWND__
*,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)
function name:     long __stdcall SalFrameWndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned
int,unsigned int,long,int &)
function name:     long __stdcall SalFrameWndProcW(struct HWND__ *,unsigned
int,unsigned int,long)
function name:     int __cdecl ImplGetMessage(struct tagMSG *,struct HWND__
*,unsigned int,unsigned int)
[...]
function name:     public: virtual void __thiscall
WinSalInstance::Yield(bool,bool)
function name:     public: static void __cdecl Application::Yield(bool)
function name:     public: static void __cdecl Application::Execute(void)
function name:     unsigned char __cdecl ImplSVMain(void)
function name:     unsigned char __cdecl SVMain(void)