Hi Carsten,

Thank you, this was what I was looking for. I'll review the documentation and get back if I have any questions ;)

Best,

Per

Carsten Driesner skrev 2010-01-06 12:32:
Per Eriksson wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Driesner skrev 2010-01-05 10:02:
Hi Per,

I am not sure if I understood your problem correctly. You want to know how a command which opens a UNO AWT based dialog should look like?

Something like: ".uno:OpenDialog?name:string=MyDialogName"

There is no special command which automatically opens a UNO-AWT (com.sun.star.awt) based dialog. You can use any command you want which needs an implementation to load/create and display the dialog. If your code uses Basic or other scripting languages you have to use a vnd.sun.star.script URL.

I might have been a little unspecific, what I am trying to do is understand the syntax and associated behaviour of the URL element and what it referrers to, and also the procedure of referencing dialogs. I see several occurances of URLs in the Dev Guide, but is unsure if they document the same thing?
Hi Per,

I am not completely sure what you want to know. The URL element of a menu item contains a command URL which references a unique command. A command is a single action which is implemented by a dispatch provider. The command URL can be any URL. The framework implementation tries to find a dispatch provider which can process the URL. The is no way to directly reference a dialog via a command URL. The implementation of a command can open a dialog. Currently there is no OpenOffice.org command available that can open a dialog directly.
I hope that this answer helps you to understand commands better.

Regards,
Carsten