Message de Stefan Baltzer  date 2010-02-05 18:18 :

Hi!

Shortly before Carsten rushed towards FOSDEM today, he managed to upload the beta version of the new find bar and asked me to announce it.

It can be downloaded from here:
ftp://qa-upload.services.openoffice.org/findbar_beta/

At times, Linux (archive), Windows and Mac versions are available.

Feel free to have a look and give feedback here.

Hi,
Probably I am not the kind of user that was polled for 'usage tracking' data :-)

I am not interested in a yet-another-toolbar for a simpler Find.
I would prefer that the current Find&Replace window "remember" the state of the
"More options" button. Or if all options were always displayed, in a better
arranged window.

Anyway, I have some remarks on this Common Find Toolbar:

a) There is no mention of a Find toolbar added in the Basic IDE.

b) There is no mention of a Find toolbar for a Form grid (I don't see how it
could be displayed without ambiguity with the document Find toolbar)

c) There is no indication of which options are used for the simple search :
Case indifferent? whole word ? search in selection ?
In Writer, search only the text ? or also in the notes ?
In Calc, search by row or by column ? whole cells ? all sheets ? etc.
If the user is not aware of the options used he/she may be mistaken when the
search is unsuccessful.
Searching in an OpenOffice document is a more complex task than searching in a
web page displayed by a Browser.

Best Regards
  Bernard