Yan Wu wrote:
Hi,

I created a new hrc & src in svx/source/tbxctrls to define a resource entry for the string 'Find' of Find Toolbar(some other strings will also be defined later). The new hrc is defined as:
#define RID_SVXSTR_FINDBAR_FIND 1

, and the src is defined as:
String RID_SVXSTR_FINDBAR_FIND
{
   Text [ en-US ] = "Find" ;
};
There would be a compiling warning "Global resources should have an identifier >= 256", so I changed 1 to 256. Will this number(256) be conflicted with other identifier number? How to choose the identifier number when defining a resource entry?
Hi Yan,

Please don't use a separate header file for your string resources. There is a global header file for string resources called dialogs.hrc. Look at RID_SVXSTR_NEXTFREE which specifies the next free ID. Don't forget to increase it after you have inserted your IDs. As string resources are global resources there is otherwise a good chance that you would create conflicts! You can use your own resource file for your strings which includes dialogs.hrc. Just look at the other resource files as an example.

Don't forget to add your resource file to makefile.mk. Otherwise your resources won't be included into the project resource file.

Regards,
Carsten