Hi Carsten/Mikhail,

Sorry for taking a month got mixed up with other work.

I n-installed teh open office on ubuntu & went ahead as per the building
guide.

The configure script didnt give me any error , so i went ahead with
bootstrap.

That went well too but now am facing problem with actual build.Some package
is missing.

I have attached a text file of output of build command.

The final error am getting is.

Error: -- `./
unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack' not
found, and can't be made

Kindly revert back.

Regards,
Ameya Joshi

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Carsten Driesner <
carsten.dries...@oracle.com> wrote:

> ameya joshi wrote:
>
>> HI Carsten,
>>
>> Could you please help me with the oOo build instructions.
>>
>> I am using Ubuntu 9.04 , At first i didnt download the distribution
>> specific
>> packages as ubuntu comes in with OpenOffice installed , so  i guessed all
>> the packages must be there but the configure script was not working.
>>
>> Hence i downloaded the packages mentioned in the instructiuons.
>>
>> *To build you need the following packages: *
>>
>> *sudo apt-get install g++ gcc bison flex libarchive-zip-perl
>> libcups2-dev libpam0g-dev \
>> sun-java6-jdk gperf libfreetype6-dev libxaw7-dev libfontconfig1-dev
>> libxrandr-dev patch \
>> libgconf2-dev libgnomevfs2-dev ant libgtk2.0-dev junit junit4
>>
>> *But the configure script doesnt run even after installing the above
>> packages.
>>
>> Is this script located at particular location?
>>

> Hi Ameya,
>
> The OpenOffice.org installation that is used by Ubuntu includes many
> changes that are not part of the vanilla OpenOffice.org. I recommend to
> uninstall the Ubuntu OpenOffice.org installation.
> Please download the source bundles from the OpenOffice.org web page or use
> the Mercurial (hg) Source Code Manager System to create your own copy of the
> sources.
>
> The source tarballs for the latest development version can be found here
> (see Type Source with extensions, binfilter, core, l10n, system, ...)
> http://download.openoffice.org/next/other.html#dev2
>
> The general building guide for OpenOffice.org can be found here:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Books/OpenOffice.org_Building_Guide
>
> You can more information on how to build OpenOffice.org on Ubuntu here:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions
>
> The configure script is located in the root of the OpenOffice.org projects
> (part of the  OOo-DEV_DEV300m86_src_core.tar.bz2 bundle) or your clone of
> the OpenOffice.org repository.

> binfilter
> boost
> bootstrap.1
> bridges
> cairo
> canvas
> chart2
> cli_ure
> codemaker
> comphelper
> config.guess
> config.sub
> configmgr
> configure
>
> I will be in vacation for one week. A colleague of mine, Mikhail Voytenko,
> will help you building OpenOffice.org.
>
> Regards,
> Carsten

build -- version: 275224

Fetching dependencies for module testautomation from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module zlib from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module libxml2 from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module python from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module jpeg from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module dictionaries from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module neon from solver... failed
Fetching dependencies for module curl from solver... failed

=============
Building module solenv
=============

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/solenv

just for sideeffects...
solenv deliver
Module 'solenv' delivered successfully. 0 files copied, 2 files unchanged

=============
Building module soltools
=============

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/mkdepend

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/adjustvisibility

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/support

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/checkdll

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/cpp

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/HIDCompiler

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/giparser

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/testhxx

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/javadep

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/soltools/ldump

soltools deliver
Module 'soltools' delivered successfully. 0 files copied, 14 files unchanged

=============
Building module stlport

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport

1 module(s):
        stlport
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

Attention: if you fix the errors in above module(s) you may prolongue your the
build issuing command:

        build --all:stlport